- Association with some of the most awesome people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting
- Becoming friends with authors I've greatly admired from afar for so long
- Being introduced to new books that I may not have known about otherwise
- Being able to have a platform for talking about books - my true passion in life
- The satisfaction of recommending a book & having someone love it as much as I did
- Having my genre horizons broadened
- Being able to gush about fictional characters without looking like a complete nutter
- Connections that I've made in the publishing industry - people I can turn to for advice in my own writing
- Not gonna lie...I love getting advance copies of books (but for the record, if I never got another advance or free book, I would still talk about books & still want to share them with people)
I'm just going to do less frequent posts, fewer memes, and not accept any unsolicited review copies right now. I'm a little behind on review books anyway, so to keep taking them would be unwise of me. I'll still do at least three posts per week, continue with Special for Sundays, and do the odd meme now and then. Those are things I feel good about continuing. I'll still visit other blogs and try to comment more.
I am confident that making these changes will help me overcome the burnout that I've been feeling and keep me going strong with my blog.
Thank you all so much for being supportive of me when I nearly packed it in and for encouraging me to do what I felt was best for me. That means a lot and I hope that I can someday return the favor!