I think I'll go with the Top Ten Most Dislikable Characters this week. It seems like fun! And I hope I can find ten that I really didn't like.
1. Rose Hathaway, Vampire Academy: I may be alone in this, but I really, really hated Rose, which is a big part of the reason that I really, really hated the VA series. I just found her to be incredibly crass and not the kind of person I'd want to be around for reals. She really grated on me.
2. Daisy Buchanan, The Great Gatsby: can we say selfish much? Yeah, really disliked her. Didn't feel any sort of sympathy for her, EVER. (Although, to be fair, I last read this book in high school. I may give it another shot to see if my feelings have changed.)
3. Argus Filch, Harry Potter and the EveryBook: Yuck. That's about the best word to describe Filch. He's gooby, slimy, and a squirrely little thing. I can't stand him. The best part, is that I think I'm not supposed to like him. Mission accomplished, J.K. Rowling!
4. Pretty much EVERYONE from the Blue Bloods series: over-privileged, stuck-up, smarmy. That about sums it up.
5. Ashley Wilkes, Gone with the Wind: talk about a spineless male. I realize that he is beaten down into submission, but still. He was weak and I didn't like him. AT ALL. On the upside, I had to admire him when he married Melanie instead of giving in to Scarlett. I loved Melanie.
6. Violette, Until I Die: I didn't like her from the beginning. She seemed a little *too* helpful and very fake to me.
7. Li, Incarnate: holy cow. Talk about an evil woman. I HATED her. I wanted her to get burned by a sylph and then eaten by a dragon.
8. Zo, The Hourglass Door: He is evil incarnate, and that is all I need to say about that.
9. Darth Sideous, Darth Plagueis: Learning about his rise to power as Emperor Palpatine was a little sickening. I could never see him in a sympathetic light, even during his early years.